OESL is searching for a Lead Construction Engineer for an International Offshore Contractor. Do you have the technical managing skills? Do you like offshore challenges? Than check the below vacancy.
As a Lead construction Engineer you will be will be active at the engineering department located in Amsterdam. The organization in Amstrdam consist of different departments like, engineering department, drawing office, QHSE, purchase departments and it counts approx. 200 persons. The pipelay vessel counts approx. 250 persons. Vocal communication point will be the Project Construction Manager.
- Promote and drive the involvement of Construction in areas of technical design, schedule, preliminary execution planning, and cost estimating.
- Develop and maintain a familiarity and appreciation of capability and ongoing work load of Construction’s support providers / contractors.
- Develop and maintain functional responsibility for all construction and completions personnel in PMC
- Overall supervision of civil /structural construction engineers.
- Technical competence of civil /structural engineering personnel.
- Mechanical design integrity of works cope and maintenance of standards.
- Inter discipline communication development.
- civil /structural group communication development.
- Prepare civil /structural man hour estimate to perform project tasks.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Identify and review new technology development which could be applicable in providing more cost effective facilities.
- Technical supervision of project designated civil /structural l engineers in the execution of their duty.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Experience with the development of layouts for new facilities
- Experienced in the specification, evaluation and documentation of equipment.
- Work is performed in accordance with broad technical guidelines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritisation of work to achieve them.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 20 years total experience and minimum 8 years experience in similar role in oil and gas major projects
- Minimum 15 years total post graduation experience
- Minimum 10 years post graduation experience in major oil and gas projects
- A proven track record and demonstrable success in the management of HSE in major projects.