For an International Offshore Construction client we are in search of a Experienced Project Engineer. The firm builts oil- & gaspipelines all over the world. Do you have the technical managing skills? Do you like offshore challenges? Than check the below vacancy.
As a Senior Project Engineer you will be will be active at the engineering department located in Amsterdam and partly on the offshore pipelay vessel. The organization in Amstrdam consist of different departments like, engineering department, drawing office, QHSE, purchase departments and it counts approx. 200 persons. The pipelay vessel counts approx. 250 persons.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary engineering and design team, scope requirements to help build estimates and project execution plans;
- Ensure all project activities are effectively managed within Company and client HSE policies and frameworks;
- Identify, assess, quantify and manage project risk;
- Deliver quality outcomes for the client;
- Ensure all internal data and document management processes including checking are strictly adhered to;
- Liaising and coordinating with workshare and/or or global delivery centre resources where appropriate
- Demonstrated upstream Oil & Gas project engineering experience,
- Deep experience with managing a portfolio of projects
- Rigorous approach to managing and reporting on cost, schedule, quality, HSE utilising the corporate delivery methodology and processes;
- Well-developed and proven approach to management of change;
- Responsible for all engineering activities associated with the Project, which shall be reviewed and approved accordingly. This also includes, but is not limited to, documentation such as specifications, procedures, calculations, reports, drawings, etc.
- Responsible and accountable for remaining within design budget (man hours and materials) and other design targets of optimising final cost and schedule to assigned work scope.
- Responsible for ensuring all items are designed, manufactured, assembled and commissioned and are fit for purpose.
- Identify and supervise all technical resources needed to complete assigned work scope. Assign and co-ordinate scopes of work, review work done and ensure each resource stays within assigned schedule and cost targets.
- Responsible for all project activities in the role of acting Lead Engineer in the temporary absence of the Lead Engineer. May be asked to perform role of acting Project Manager in the temporary absence of the Project Manager if there is not a Lead Engineer assigned to the project.
- Responsible for all activities pertaining to the assigned work scope, as set by the Lead Engineer / Project Manager. This includes but is not limited to: conceptual design and layouts; design, fabrication and test activities; design packages/procedures preparation; approval of Scope of Work for 3rd Party Services; and approval of mobilisation plans and procedures.
- Responsible for offshore activities, when required, relevant to assigned work scope under their responsibility as defined by the Lead Engineer / Project Manager.
- Assist in the planning of offshore mobilisation / demobilisation of project equipment including the upkeep of the project MTO and ensuring all hire items are tracked and returned in a timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping a log of all ‘lessons learned” whilst offshore and compile photographic record of offshore activities for inclusion into the Return of Experience documentation.
- Follow assigned Project work scopes offshore and act as the Senior Project Engineer onboard the vessel. This includes but is not limited to: liaise with the Vessel Superintendent to ensure that Project construction procedures are understood and implemented and assist in the co-ordination of all support vessel activities; liaise with the Company Representative onboard to discuss construction methodology and any interpretation or clarification of the Contract specification which may be necessary during the construction activities; liaise with the onshore Project Team, advise the progress of intervention activities and inform of any technical and contractual clarification which may require the input of the Company and Project Team; supervise and mentor any Graduate / Project Engineers during offshore operations.
- Ensure that the Project Manager is provided with adequate schedule, equipment and cost information to enable correct and accurate preparation of project status for the task under their responsibility.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant information of subcontractors, equipment and tooling for the assigned work scope is given to the Lead Engineer, QHSE and Fabrication, Inspection & Mobilisation Departments to enable adequate Quality Control to be performed on them.
- Ensure that Graduate / Project Engineers under their control are fully aware of the Company’s safety objectives and that they are familiar with the HSE section of the Document Management System.
- Responsible for initiating actions to prevent non-conforming condition or product. Initiating, recommending or providing solutions to non-conformances. Verifying the implementation of corrective action and ensuring that these have been effective and controlling further work until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected and the root cause resolved.
- Review and be familiar with Engineering & Operation Department specifications, design drawing procedures and conform to the Company’s Document Management System, the specific requirements of the Client and other governmental and/or statutory bodies.
- To ensure his/ her own safety and that of others is not compromised or placed at risk