For an International Offshore Wind Construction Company we are in search of a Technical Superintendent. Do you like offshore challenges? Than check the below vacancy.
Our client holds a leading international position in the field of wind energy research. A convenient truth: the wind energy sector has been growing exponentially over the last decades and will continue this growth in the next decades as it is the only emission free bulk renewable electricity option that can be implemented in the short term at relatively low cost. The activities of the client focuses on offshore wind power plants and should lead to a reduction in cost of energy of offshore wind power and, related to this, increased return on investment for offshore wind power plants. Together with (inter)national partners, our client develops knowledge and technology that will help the wind industry to innovate, and thus reduce the cost of energy. Clients of the company are wind farm developers, constructors and operation & maintenance companies.
- You are qualified in Industrial or Civil engineering, preferably with a specialisation in (electro)mechanics or the equivalent by experience;
- You are able to express yourself fluently in English. Knowledge of other languages is an asset;
- You can work independently;
- You are a problem-solver;
- You are prepared to work on one of our overseas sites for extended periods of time.
- You will be part of the Project team;
- You will be responsible for the overall management and technical operations of the fleet. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking, etc.;
- Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirement;
- Liase with customers on technical and operational matters including vessel performance, etc…;
- Attend to vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance;
- Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures;
- Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure the rates are most economical;
- Ensure that all copies of statutory, solas and equipment certificates (life rafts, compasses, etc… are properly maintained and documented;
- Provide technical assistance and advice to ships both at home port and overseas;
- Perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance, etc…;
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections;
- Monitor technical status of vessel with relation to class cert and survey;
- Supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of vessels;
- Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements;
- Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance;
- Work closely with the HSE Management team to ensure smooth and successful implementation of QHSE system and policies for the Division;
- Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards;
- Ensure and maintain vessels’ zero loss time accident record and to report all vessel incidents, Near Misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents;
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
Technical Competence and Skills:
- Min Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with at min 5-8 yrs relevant experience in similar position;
- Possess relevant sea-going work experience as Chief/Marine Engineer with minimum class 2 certification or equivalent with in experience in AHTS, Offshore Supply/Offshore tug/ Dive Support vessels. Those with DP vessel experience will be highly advantageous;
- Possess good organisational and communication skills and hands-on.;
- Independent and resourceful;
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadline;
- Analytical and highly proactive in technical trouble shooting and problem solving;
- Able to conduct effective stand-up training for vessel crews;
- Ability to travel within short notice as required.
If you are interested and looking for a job with challenge where you find all the freedom you want don’t hesitate to send your resume.