For an International Offshore Wind Construction Company we are in search of a Project Engineer. Do you have the technical managing skills? Do you like offshore challenges? Than check the below vacancy.
Our client holds a leading international position in the field of wind energy research. A convenient truth: the wind energy sector has been growing exponentially over the last decades and will continue this growth in the next decades as it is the only emission free bulk renewable electricity option that can be implemented in the short term at relatively low cost. The activities of the client focuses on offshore wind power plants and should lead to a reduction in cost of energy of offshore wind power and, related to this, increased return on investment for offshore wind power plants. Together with (inter)national partners, our client develops knowledge and technology that will help the wind industry to innovate, and thus reduce the cost of energy. Clients of the company are wind farm developers, constructors and operation & maintenance companies.
As Project Engineer, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team on wind turbine installation. You will bring in knowledge on detailed analysis of the installation of the wind turbines. As such, you will also operate as the technical contact between the personnel on board and in the office. On the other side you will also be the vocal point between the client and the office.
The work will be partly on board of the vessels in execution phase and partly in the office where you will work together with different departments to prepare the projects.
- Knowledge of Offshore Cable Installation (Export – In-Field):
- Route Design – Burial of Cable Ploughing or Jetting;
- Pull-in of the cables Onshore Cable and Offshore into substations;
- Protection of cables (CPS) at crossing locations and pull-in locations;
- Inspection, maintenance and repair;
- Knowledge of finite element modelling;
- Have good analytical skills;
- Are a team player;
- Have an investigative attitude and meticulous way of working;
- Be conversant with the technical and commercial aspects of the Project and have a full understanding of the scope of work, as provided by the Sr. Project Engineer / Project Manager;
- Identify potential variations in costs and the scope of work;
- To ensure the appropriate use and treatment of engineering materials within the design;
- To compile engineering and technical specifications, operation/test manuals maintenance procedures and Work Instructions where required as part of the Project;
- To witness and co-ordinate assembly, testing, commissioning an operation at onshore and offshore locations;
- Make, develop and encourage any technical suggestions that will enhance the overall project engineering or operational efficiency;
- Implement and organise any approved modifications to the Project, ensuring all changes are fully documented and included in with the appropriate documents;
- Keep up to date with ongoing developments in the field of Subsea Construction and Remote Systems Engineering;
- Assist with the inspection of incoming items as appropriate to knowledge, experience and training;
- Interface with other engineers to guarantee all design work is carried out with the common target of optimising final cost and schedule;
- Supervise any activity assigned to 3rd Party Contractors. This includes, but is not limited to: preparation of scope of work; site supervision; approval of deliverables; and compliance with project targets;
- To prepare offshore operations installation manuals including the initiation and maintaining of drawings and calculations for inclusion in procedures / manuals;
- To become familiar with Vessel and ROV operations / limitations, in order to improve design, operational schedule, procedures and safety;
- Participate in daily project meetings and toolbox talks when offshore to maintain good communications with Vessel Superintendent, Project Manager, ROV Supervisor and Client, where applicable.
- Provide regular communication when offshore with project office, and provide Progress Reports relating directly to project engineering and operational activities, as defined by Project Manager / Vessel Superintendent.
- Participate in offshore scope as required.
- Maintain inventory of project equipment offshore, and inform Lead Engineer/Vessel Superintendent of any change in equipment requirements.
- Assist with keeping a log of all lessons learned whilst offshore and compile photographic records of offshore activities for inclusion into the Return of Experience documentation.
- Assist in the planning of offshore mobilisation / demobilisation of project equipment including the upkeep of the project MTO and ensuring all hire items are tracked and returned in a timely manner.
- Review and be familiar with Engineering Department specifications, design, drawing procedures in order to conform with the Company’s Integrated Management System, the specific requirements of the Client and other governmental and/or statutory bodies;
- To ensure that all activities are carried out in a manner consistent with Company policy on health, safety, quality and environmental matters in accordance with Company specific procedures;
- To ensure his/ her own safety and that of others is not compromised or placed at risk.
Liaise with and co-ordinate the activities of vendors and subcontractors as and when required as a part of the Project, without commercial authority.
Education and Qualifications:
University or College Engineering education to BSc/BEng or equivalent and/or engineering industry training.
Technical Competence and Skills:
Previous professional experience with relevant Diving, Remote Systems Engineering or Subsea Construction background.